Bauen

Thursday, May 12, 2005

I like bikes.

Just so you know, I like bike riding for other reasons besides seeing women in skirts riding bikes. In fact, I like bike racing, which is what I do. I'm fairly good at it. Racing is fun, but riding is even more fun. There's something about being on a bike that is so relaxing and liberating.

So here's a funny moment in the third stage of the Giro d'Italia.

"As I mentioned before, this is my first Giro d'Italia. I've ridden the Tour de France before, but this is different. On the surface, the racing is much more relaxed. You have the attacks at the start, then maybe a break forms... and then everything is pretty much controlled until the end, when they pull the guys back and then you see this rush to the line.

While it is more relaxed on one level, that changes things down the road, so you end up with some moments when you're totally bored and others when it's complete panic. Take Tuesday for example.

We were pretty relaxed and just riding easy. Suddenly everyone decides to start tossing water bottles, making a little game of it, throwing them at signs at street signs or whatever. Well, Rory (Sutherland of Rabobank) and I are just riding along and he suddenly decides to pitch one at a police car! He hit the damn thing square on the grill."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home